The Resort is OPEN! Event Space and Lodge coming Spring 2020
All cottages include all necessary bed linens, kitchen accessories, wi-fi and cable, 2 parking spots, and one dock space on the channel. Each cottage also includes there own grill, outdoor seating area with table and chairs, and fire pit. Shared spaces include the beach, fish shack, dock, and yard. We also have kayak and canoes for our guests on a first come first serve basis. Coming soon are additional outdoor showers, playground, a laundry room, a community fire pit/gathering space, and possibly an above ground pool. We recommend you bring your own towels, bath and beach, and trailer parking is limited (we're working on it). Check-in is 4pm/ Check out is 10am. There is no smoking in any of the cottages. Pets welcome. See out pet policy for more details.
2 night minimum stays, prices include all taxes and there are no additional cleaning, dock, parking or wifi fees. We do have a small security deposit and, as applicable, a small pet fee. Your security deposit is due at time of booking to hold your reservation. For requests over 14 days, please contact the office. Cottages can be booked separately or together for a Private Event, like family reunions, youth group outings, or wedding parties. To book the cottages together, click the "Book Together" button, below.
The “Lake House” sits on the shores of Randall Lake with a beautiful view from the screened in porch or outside deck. It is the largest of the five cottages, having four separate bedrooms. The cottage can sleep up to 10 people in beds with three queen beds, and two sets of bunk beds. The maximum occupancy for this cottage is 12 people. $289/night
The "Channel House" sits on the channel with views of the channel from the living room. It has three bedrooms and is located next to the boat docks. It has two full size beds, one with a twin loft bed, and one queen size bed. There is also a pull-out couch in the living room. The maximum occupancy for this cottage is 8 people. $205/night
Wake up to lake views from The "Long House" master bedroom in this spacious three bedroom cottage. It has two queen beds and a set of bunk beds. There is also a pull-out couch in the living room. The maximum occupancy for this cottage is 8 people. $210/night
The "Bungalow" puts you in the middle of it all. Watch the boats on the water and the sunset on the lake around the fire pit from this comfy two bedroom cottage. Cottage has two full beds, one with a twin loft bed, and a futon in the living room. The maximum occupancy for this cottage is 7 people. $170/night
· Furnished Kitchen
(Glass top stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher along with dishwasher soap, dish rags and dish towels, pots and pans, dishes, coffee maker, and toaster, plastic wrap, tin foil, starter “pack” of coffee, coffee filters, paper towels, paper plates)
· Bed linens and pillows are provided and set on each bed, only need to make the beds you use
· Propane grill with propane and lighter
· Cable TV
· Spot to dock a boat
· Picnic or Patio table and some outside chairs
· Fire ring
· Fire wood for sale (Spring 2020)
· Bait for sale (Spring 2020)
Some things you might want to bring:
· Toilet paper (There is a start-up set of toilet paper that isn’t replenished)
· Hand soap (There is a bottle of hand soap that isn’t replenished)
· Toiletries (Travel shampoo, conditioner, and soap available upon request, but isn't replensished)
· Bath towels (2 towels per cottage per stay, upon request), hand towels, and washcloths
· Beach towels, life jackets or floatation devices (No Lifeguard on Duty)
· Paper towels/napkins
· Knives to clean fish and other supplies
· Boat and Fishing Dock
· Green space behind the cottages
· Tether ball
· Kayak, canoes – the Kayaks and Canoe are located in the shed and are on a first come, first serve basis. Please be considerate of others and put them back when you are done so they can be enjoyed by everyone.
· Fish Shack
Receipt of deposit constitutes guests acknowledgement of this Rental Agreement.
Term: Check-in is 4:00 p.m. on the Arrival Date and Check-out is 10:00 a.m. on the Departure Date. Guests are not allowed on the property until after 4:00 p.m. on the arrival date. Guests that do not vacate the property by 10:00 a.m. will be subject to a fee equal to one rental day.
2. Property: This Agreement entitles the Guest to use the cottage(s) in which they are renting, as well as, the patio or deck and fire pit that goes with the cottage(s). Use of any canoe or kayak on a first come first serve basis and if used will be put back in the shed. The use of any other cottage, patio or deck, or fire pit that is not being rented by the Guest, is not permitted. The use of the workshop or storage shed is not permitted. The remaining premises must be shared by all Guests. Note – No Lifeguard on Duty. Each Guest must dock their boat in the designated slot for their cottage. No docking or mooring is allowed in the beach area. All Cottages on the property are furnished and include a refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot, dishwasher, outdoor grill, and bed linens. Any furnishings are subject to change without notice. Any property items supplied for each cottage must not be transferred from one cottage to another. Loss or damage to any of the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to the Guest. The owner of the property reserves the right to inspect any of the cottages at any reasonable given time. The vacation rental property is located at: (directions available upon request)
218 Valley Lane
Coldwater, MI 49036
3. Occupancy Limit: Guests shall not exceed the maximum number of people allowed at each cottage. This number also includes “Day Guests”. If Guests are found to be in violation of this, they may be evicted and all amounts paid will be forfeited by Guest and there will be no refund of money. The maximum number of people allowed at each cottage is:
Cottage 1: Twelve (12) people
Cottage 2: Six (7) people
Cottage 4: Eight (8) people
Cottage 5: Eight (9) people
4. Rental Amount, Fees and Payments: Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until a security deposit is received.
Rental Rate including all taxes + Pet Fee, if applicable = Total Rental Amount
Remaining rental fee due 24hrs prior to check-in. Any check returned by the bank for any reason will be charged a $40 fee and possible cancellation of Reservation and all rights and privileges hereunder.
5. Cancellation Policy: Reservations cancelled with less than 14 days notice will forfeit 100% of their deposit, 30 days or less 50% of their deposit. Deposits will be returned in full with more than 30 days notice.
6. Refund Policy: No refunds or discounts are given for late arrival or early departure. No refund is due, or will be made, for inclement weather. No refunds or discounts are given due to tenants dissatisfaction of homes décor, breakdown of appliances or other conditions over which there is no control. Please report any inoperative equipment to the owner immediately. Owner will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently.
7. Security Deposit Refund: Your Security Deposit will be refunded within 30 days of departure, provided no damage or additional charges have occurred. Guest will be notified of any damage and additional costs in writing. Guest, by signing below, assumes full responsibility for any items found to be missing and any damage due to misuse, negligence or action on Guest's or Guest’s visitors part. If charges exceed security deposit the lessee agrees to pay all additional costs.
8. Repairs and Maintenance: Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to managers attention within 24 hours of occupancy or occurrence or Guest could be held liable for all such damages or repairs. Manager will not be responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Guest or his/her Guests. Costs of needless or unauthorized service will be charged as damage cost.
9. Smoking: Smoking is strictly forbidden inside all the cottages including the enclosed porch as well as the fish shack. Evidence of smoking inside the dwellings will result in immediate termination and forfeiture of all amounts paid and will result in additional Cleaning Fee to Guest as damage cost. Smoking is permitted on the outside of the dwellings. Guest is responsible for ensuring that smoking products, if used, are properly distinguished and product remains, such as cigarette butts, are properly disposed of and not left on the grounds.
10. Pets: A maximum of two, clean, well behaved pets under 80 lbs each are welcome. A $50 pet fee for the 1st pet and $30 for the 2d pet will be collected at check-in. All guests with pets are required to use the pet covers provided for the furniture for the duration of their stay. Additionally, since there is shared space with other families, children, and pets a current shot record showing current Rabies, Bordatella, Distemper/Parvo/Lepto is required and your pet will be checked for fleas. To keep the grounds clean for all guests and to reduce the risk of yard "bombs" there is a designated dog walking area on the grounds and waste disposal area. However, as pet owners ourselves, we understand accidents happen and just expect you to be considerate of those coming after you and clean up after your pet.
11. Fireworks: Fireworks of any kind are not permitted on the property.
12. Noise: All Guests agree to use common sense in keeping noise volume low during quiet hours. QUIET HOURS: SU-TH 10:00pm - 7:30am/ F-SA 11:30pm - 7:30am Any police enforcement actions are at the sole risk and expense of the registered Guest and may result in damage cost and/or immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
13. Parking: Parking is limited. Each cottage is allowed the following number of vehicles plus one boat trailer, unless other arrangements are made with the manager. Guests must adhere to all posted parking signs.
Cottage1: 3 vehicles
Cottage2: 2 vehicle
Cottage4: 2 vehicles
Cottage5: 2 vehicles
All parking must occur in the property’s driveway and gravel areas. No parking is permitted on the private road or yard, or on neighbors’ property.
14. Access to Property: Guest agrees to allow the Manager and/or maintenance or service personnel access to the premises when necessary for inspections, repairs, or maintenance. Manager shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
15. Compliance with Laws: Guest agrees to comply with all Local, State and National laws at all times while present on the property and will cause and be responsible for compliance by any invitees with these same laws. Guest shall be responsible for and shall indemnify Owner for any damages caused by any breach of this section.
16. Liability and Damage: Guest agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Quincy-Coldwater Parties and Vacation Resorts, Inc harmless from any and all liability, claims, loss, property damage or expenses, arising by reason of any injury, death or damage sustained by any person, or to the property of any person, in or on the property during the Term of this Agreement, including Guest, additional invitees or visitors of Guest, where such injury, death or damage is caused by a negligent or intentional act of Guest, additional guest or any of Guest’s visitors or invitees.
17. Cause for Eviction: The Guest and all parties with the Guest will be subject to immediate eviction from the property if the Guest or parties of the Guest violate any terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to, violation of the occupancy limit, pet restriction, smoking, and excessive noise. In the event of eviction from the Property, the Guest shall forfeit all amounts paid and there will be no refund of money.
18. Casualty or Destruction: Should the Property be destroyed or rendered uninhabitable by an Act of God (including, but not limited to, tornados, storms, floods or fires), or by environmental disaster, or loss of utilities prior to occupancy, this Agreement shall become null and void, and all payments made hereunder shall be refunded to Guest.
19. Attorney’s Fees and Costs: If Manager employs the services of an attorney to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, to collect any amounts due, the eviction of the Guest, or because Guest takes any action to recover funds not due, Guest shall be liable for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by Manager.
20. Short-Term Rental: It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short-term vacation Rental Agreement and is not a lease or other long term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Property for the stated Term. It creates no property rights of Guest and no rights to renewal or for recurring usage. This Agreement is also neither a Time-Share sale or a Plan of Time-Share Development, nor a Vacation Club.
21. Linens and Departure Maid Service: A basic supply of bed linens are provided for each cottage. It is the Guest’s responsibility to make the beds in which they use. Guest’s linens are not changed during their stay. The startup set of hand soap and toilet tissue are not replenished. The Guest is required to leave the cottage(s) picked up and in an orderly manner. See posted Checkout checklist for additional checkout instructions. Charges for missing items, repairs or excessive cleaning, such as stains or spoiled food left behind, will be charged to Guest and deducted from Security Deposit.
22. Cable Television: Basic cable television is provided to the property at no charge. Quincy-Coldwater Parties and Vacation Resorts, Inc is not responsible for content of movies and shows viewed by Guests. Quincy-Coldwater Parties and Vacation Resorts, Inc does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted and error-free at all times. Guests are not permitted to subscribe to additional services, such as Premium Channels or Special Event Programs.
23. Internet:Basic internet service is provided to the property at no extra charge. Guests may use this service at their own risk. Quincy-Coldwater Parties and Vacation Resorts, Inc does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free at all times or will meet Guest’s requirements. Quincy-Coldwater Parties and Vacation Rentals, Inc is not responsible for the security, integrity, accuracy or completeness of any information that is transmitted or received by the Guest while using this Service.
24. Succession, Assignment: This Agreement is binding on, and the benefits inure to, the heirs and personal representatives of the parties. However, neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned (in whole or in part) by Guest.
25. General Terms: This Agreement is made in, and shall be governed solely by the laws of, the State of Michigan. Venue for enforcement shall be the Courts of Branch County, Michigan. If any section, clause, paragraph or term of this Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Guest is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential area. All Guests are expected to be courteous to all neighbors, to be respectful of the rights of others, and to not be noisy, including loud music.
26. Acknowledgment: I understand and accept the terms and conditions on all pages of this Agreement.
The Guest signing this Agreement must be at least 18 years of age and will be held responsible for all other parties and/or Guests of the Guest for compliance with this Agreement, with listed policies, ordinances, rules and regulations and for any losses incurred by Manager or to the Property due to negligence or vandalism.